Organisers are appealing to all those who took part in the Saffery Champness Rotary Walk earlier this month to hand in their sponsorship money as soon as possible.
Over 400 individuals entered the iconic around the island walk that began in St Peter Port at 4.30am on Saturday 7 June finishing some 39 miles later.
Organisers have said that it’s now important for all those who took part to collect their sponsorship money and hand it in so that the nine charities and organisations can get started on their projects and initiatives.
David Mortimer, chairman of the walk’s organising committee said: “We were very proud of the numbers that turned out to take part in the annual walk and hope that we can collect as much money as possible for the extremely worthy causes that have been chosen to benefit from funding this year.”
This year’s selected charity projects are:
- Autism Guernsey – starter packs for its Independent Living Scheme
- Cardiac Action Group – a treadmill to support the Cardiac Rehabilitation Programme
- CLIC Sargent Guernsey – purchase of Acaris volumetric IV pump
- Guernsey Bereavement Services – audio visual presentation equipment
- Guernsey Cancer Support – purchase of 100 gift bags
- Headway Guernsey – to launch a new series of modules
- Guernsey Neurological Concern Society – a specialised wheelchair
- Trinity Church – laptop computer to support the service
- Vale Primary School PTA – secure bike sheds
The Saffery Champness Rotary Walk was a huge success and ‘Saffery Selfies’ were posted throughout the day on its Facebook and Twitter platforms. A prize will be awarded to the winning photo.
Walkers, volunteers as well as sponsors and Rotary committee members are invited to attend a presentation at Government House on 30 September at 6.30pm, where HE the Lieutenant Governor, Air Marshal Peter Walker CB, CBE will be handing out various awards.
Sponsorship money can be paid by cheque, (made payable to Saffery Champness Rotary Walk) and sent to Saffery Champness Rotary Walk, La Tonnelle House, St Sampson’s, Guernsey, GY13HS.
Payment can also be made electronically. The bank details are: Sort code: 16-20-29; Account number: 10205090
Alternatively walkers can pay by clicking on the following link and selecting the name of the walker: https://race-nation.com/event/11/results