Corporate and finance lawyer Claire McConway has been appointed Of Counsel within the British Virgin Islands (BVI) practice of multi-jurisdictional offshore law firm Carey Olsen.
- In this London-based role, Ms McConway will focus on developing the firm’s Russian practice.
- Ms McConway practised corporate law for nine years at leading international UK and US firms in London.
- Specialist in advice on cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity and equity capital markets work.
- Four years with an offshore law firm in Bermuda, Moscow and London where she managed the Moscow office.
- Particular expertise in corporate and finance transactions involving Russia and the CIS, which often utilise BVI companies.
- Instructed on many of the most noteworthy Russian deals in recent years.
Managing partner of Carey Olsen’s BVI office Clinton Hempel said: “Claire’s significant track record in international deals and her depth of BVI expertise will be a valuable resource for our global client base and for our clients in Russia and the CIS utilising the BVI.”
Ms McConway said: “Carey Olsen’s reputation for excellence and its commitment to developing the global reach of its BVI business appeal to me. I am excited to be joining this dynamic and talented team.”