CRS is bringing Dr Natalie Schoon to the island to deliver a course on Islamic finance.
Dr Schoon joined The Bank of London and The Middle East plc. as head of product research in 2007. Prior to this, she was at Barclays Capital, where she served as a senior consultant on the Basel II programme. She has worked in international financial organisations such as ABN Amro and Gulf International Bank. She is an accredited trainer for the Islamic Finance Qualification exam which she teaches at BPP in London and CCL in Dubai.
Darren Wadley, managing director of CRS commented:
‘The Islamic finance sector has seen rapid growth in recent years, with assets held by commercial banks estimated to be around $1.8 billion at the end of 2013. This course is the ideal foundation for any individual working within the financial services industry – whether the fiduciary, banking, fund or insurance sector.’
- Tuesday 11 March
- Les Cotils
- 0900 – 1600 (lunch included)
Subjects to be covered:
- Introduction to Islamic finance (history and recent developments)
- Principles and prohibitions (Riba; Maysir; Gharar)
- Transaction types
- Islamic banking infrastructure (institution types; regulation; products and services)
- Islamic asset management (types of funds; screening of security)
- Governance (governance of Islamic financial institutions; the role of the Sharia supervisory board)
For further information and to book a place contact Tina at email@example.com
Category: Finance & Business