E-billing reduces Sure’s paper usage by 3,500 sheets per month

| February 12, 2013 | 0 Comments

A NEW electronic billing system introduced by Sure has reduced the company’s paper usage in Guernsey by approximately 3,500 sheets per month.

The initiative, which customers voluntarily sign up to, was launched in August and already more than 1,700 of Sure’s Guernsey customers have requested not to receive paper bills.

‘E-billing provides customers with easy and secure online access to their bills, and importantly has significant benefits for the environment as it reduces the amount of paper that is used and the amount that needs to be recycled or is sent to landfill,’ said Mike Fawkner Corbett, Sure’s head of mobile.

‘We have tried to make it as simple as possible. All customers need to do is go to www.surecw.com/bills and then type in their account number and unique reference code that is found on the right hand side of their paper bill. Once they have logged in, customers will stop receiving paper bills, and will be sent an email letting them know when their next monthly statement is available to view.’

Mr Fawkner Corbett hoped that the numbers of customers signing up to e-billing would continue to increase.

‘Around 20% of our customers across Guernsey, Jersey and the Isle of Man have now signed up to e-billing. We hope to encourage the remaining 80% as it would reduce paper usage by nearly a million sheets over the course of a year.’

Tags: , ,

Category: Community, Environment

SEE OUR LATEST OFFSHORE JOBS: All Offshore Jobs | Isle of Man Jobs | Jersey Jobs | Guernsey Jobs

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: