Carey Olsen remains the top offshore legal adviser to London Stock Market (LSE) listed clients, according to the Corporate Advisers Rankings Guide (Q1 2014), a position the firm established and has retained since records started in 2005.
- The Corporate Advisers Rankings Guide lists institutional advisers and their quoted clients. The law firms section ranks firms that operate within the UK legal market, including offshore law firms, by the volume of London listed clients advised each quarter
- In the current Q1 2014 report which reviews the final quarter of 2013, Carey Olsen has moved up by one position into joint fourth place for the total number of LSE clients it advises
- Carey Olsen is the top ranking offshore law firm with a significant 87 clients, almost double the total number of clients compared to the next offshore law firm
- Carey Olsen continues to lead the AIM rankings table among offshore law firms with 41 clients, ten more than its nearest offshore rival, and retains third position overall in this category
- Carey Olsen moved up two places in the FTSE 250 client table to 13th place from 15th
- In the Small Cap/Fledgling category Carey Olsen has retained its position at fourth place advising 23 clients.
- The firm continues to advise three FTSE 100 clients maintaining 15th position in this table.
Carey Olsen managing partner, Graham Hall, said: “The rankings reaffirm Carey Olsen as offshore law firm of choice for companies choosing to list in London. Listing work during the last quarter continued to be prolific with a major highlight being our role in advising Riverstone Energy on the Guernsey aspects of its cross-border IPO on the LSE main market which raised $1.2 billion (£760.3 million), representing the biggest cross-border IPO on the LSE since November 2012.”
Category: Finance & Business